Monday, May 2, 2011

Superintendent John L. Barry on Commissioner’s position

Aurora Public Schools

NEWS RELEASE # 81
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 2, 2011

WHAT: Superintendent John L. Barry on Commissioner’s position

Superintendent John L. Barry on Commissioner’s position

The State Board of Education has selected Robert Hammond to be the next Colorado Commissioner of Education.  I would like to offer my congratulations to our new Commissioner.  I offer him my full support.

I look forward to continuing as the Superintendent of Aurora Public Schools.   Over the past five years, we have laid the groundwork for transforming our school district with our strategic plans.  I remain committed to implementing VISTA 2015 in order to accelerate student achievement and close the achievement gaps.

I am continually amazed by the talent and dedication of Aurora Public Schools staff members and all they do for students.  We are fortunate to work with dynamic and diverse students, parents and community partners.

I thank the Aurora Public Schools Board of Education members for their continued support.

John L. Barry, Superintendent
Aurora Public Schools

###

No comments:

Post a Comment